Charlton in the Buloke Shire is located on the Calder Highway, midway between Melbourne and Mildura. It is situated in the valley of the Avoca River in the last of the foothills of the Victorian highlands. Visitors are welcome and invited to stay awhile and enjoy the river’s natural beauty, the heritage style buildings and the town’s friendly hospitality.
The Travellers’ Rest right in the centre of town offers ample parking (even for overnight caravans). There are plenty of cafés and little shops so take a break on and enjoy a rest in Charlton in the Buloke Shire.
- Charlton Film festival at the historic Rex Theatre(February)
- The Rotary Arts Show (October)
- Lions Market (Easter Monday)
- Lions Swap Meet (October)
- The Agriculture and Pastoral Show (October)
- Redback Motorcycle Rally
Visit their website www.charlton.vic.au